Anfaal Capital

King Abdullah University of Science and Technology and the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector support the venture capital industry in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD), the private sector arm of the Islamic Development Bank Group (IDB), in collaboration with Anfaal Capital agreed to establish a Saudi Arabia-focused venture capital fund.
The joint initiative aims to promote and foster the development of the domestic venture capital market in Saudi Arabia. The initiative leverages KAUST's expertise in new technologies, as well as the ICD SME Program's experience in the development and management of investment vehicles.

Maybank Islamic eyeing GCC for sukuk expansion

Maybank Islamic, is one of the leading arrangers of sukuk in the world, has viewed Gulf Cooperation Council, including Qatar, as its priority region in mobilising funds through Shariah-principled bonds.
“The GCC is definitely on our radar. It all depends on what kind of opportunities are available,” said Nor Shahrizan Sulaiman, deputy chief executive of Maybank Islamic, which is wholly-owned by Maybank Group with strong credit ratings from Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
The lender, a leading Islamic bank in the Asean region with assets to the tune of $42.65bn as on June 30, 2015, has a branch in Bahrain and a 30% stake in Anfaal Capital in Saudi Arabia.
Maybank is exploring opportunities in the Middle East through its stake in the Saudi Arabia’s Anfaal Capital. Almost 90% of the Maybank Islamic’s balance sheet is domestic and the remaining 10% is from overseas operations, according to Sulaiman.

Shariyah Review Bureau hired by Islamic Investment Bank

Saudia's investment banking and asset management firm Anfaal Capital has announced the outsourcing of the Shari'a Supervisory function to Shariyah Review Bureau (SRB). As the new Shari'a Advisor, SRB will oversee and supervise the firms Shari'a Compliance needs from Product structuring to Fatwa issuing, and from stock screening to periodical Shari'a Audits. By having a team of shariah scholars and experts, SRB has the ability to deliver speedy solutions to the business while maintaining the level of Shariah standards. This in turn is expected to contribute to Anfaal's business growth and to meet the needs of the firm's stakeholders.

Senior Research Analyst

Key tasks in this position:
? Perform fundamental security analysis of companies through analysis of financial
statements, sector research, review of outside research and ongoing interaction
with companies.
? Write buy side Coverage Reports and Sector Reports with suitable investment
rationale, valuation comparison, risk assessment, and detailed analysis of potential
profitability and growth.
? Maintain detailed valuation models for companies: DCF, Relative Valuation, Sum of
Parts Valuation, etc., including in-depth financial statement analysis & forecast of
quarterly earnings.
? Prepare composite scorecards for companies based on key metrics; including
liquidity analysis and key revenue drivers.
? Build and update company financial forecast models, and carry out periodic model
audit reviews.
? Conduct macroeconomic & microeconomic country analysis; which includes
studying the industries, sectors, and the competitive landscape.
? Prepare presentations for pitching research ideas and attend analyst conferences.

Anfaal Capital Selects FrontInvest Alternatives

Anfaal Capital has selected eFront’s FrontInvest Alternatives to support its alternative investments operations.
Anfaal Capital’s decision to choose FrontInvest once again demonstrates eFront’s unique ability to live up to private equity managers’ expectations by providing a front-to-back solution in support of their growth strategy. Anfaal Capital required a scalable solution covering CRM, document management, portfolio management and investor reporting.

Syndicate content