· To assist in promoting risk and risk management awareness and sound knowledge of regulatory and internal requirement in the organization:
· Risk management programs to ensure a uniform process for identifying, assessing, and monitoring risk and controls is in compliance with regulatory requirements and Group risk management standards.
· Preparation of the periodic reporting to the relevant risk commitees on the state of risk management in the organisation.
· To provide risk management advisory services to business and support units as requested.
· Support Local (MY) Management in Operations Compliance Matters which include regulatory and internal policies compliance.
· Undertake ad-hoc projects as assigned by Head, Risk Management & Compliance
•To recruit Malay individuals from your own personal network to become agents of Great Eastern Takaful Sdn Bhd.
•To execute business plans and strategies in order to achieve goals set by the management.
•To train and motivate the recruits to become successful Takaful agents by achieving their sales targets.
Since Malaysian home takaful market is bound to tight rules, Islamic insurers direct their expansion towards neighbouring Indonesia aiming to tap three times faster growth. Great Eastern Takaful Sdn Bhd already has a facility in Jakarta and now intends to address low-income people in the region. Etiqa Takaful Bhd also plans expansion in Indonesia - it focuses on buying an Indonesian Islamic insurer.
The dual agency concept, where conventional and takaful policies are sold by the same agents, is gaining popularity, especially among bigger insurance players.
Great Eastern Takaful Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Mohamad Salihuddin Ahmad said the company would adopt the dual agency or a single structure concept akin to a one-stop agency system that distribute both conventional and takaful products.
Meanwhile, MAA Takaful Bhd CEO Salim Majid Zain said the company would maintain a separate structure as conventional insurance companies and takaful ones were regulated differently.