Please visit the following sites to see the latest updates in the Islamic finance job market:
A major International Islamic Bank is currently seeking a regional Chief Financial Officer for their operations in Lebanon and Qatar. This role will be primarily based in Beirut.
* 10+ Years Experience in Senior Finance Roles within Global Financial Institutions.
Responsible to ensure timely & prompt preparation of all Finance reporting within Bank for MIS purposes and to external authorities for Regulatory purposes. Ensure all transactions are complied with IFRS, AAOIFI and local regulatory requirements. Ensure reconciliation of all bank’s reconciliation via NOSTRO accounts, CBO, and Inter Branches etc. Responsible to update bank’s General Ledger and Chart of Account. Review of Bank’s financial performance and its comparison with approved budget. Ensure timely and accurate charging of Fixed Assets Depreciation, staff salaries payments & bills payments etc. Assist Financial Controller in managing day to day Finance Department operations.
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is the strategic talent pipeline for the professional career in the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Group. The Program is designed for outstanding young graduates who can significantly help the IDB Group to carry out its mission and attain its objectives.
This Program enables each Young Professional (YP) to receive extensive exposure and experience of the IDB Group’s various activities through job rotations in different departments. Participants will initially spend two weeks Orientation stage in HRMD. Then, 27 months in Foundation stage which will be split into three rotations of 9 months each in IDB Group departments.
Participants will also benefit from a coaching/mentoring arrangement and a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.
Upon successful program completion, the participant will gradually climb up the professional grades in the IDB Group
Gatehouse Bank is a Shariah compliant wholesale investment bank based in the city of London. They seek a Head of Finance to have primary responsibility for implementing the processes, procedures, working practices and support model for the day to day running of the Finance Department.
· S1 Accounting Programs
· Male Maximum age 27 years
• Provide expert advice and support to Head, Islamic Banking in relation to Islamic Banking’s financial position and control.
• Ensure that the organisation delivers reasonable returns on shareholders’ capital.
• Understand the needs and functions of Islamic Banking SBUs/SFUs to develop an effective management information system to support the Bank’s goals.
• Oversee the SBU/SFU financial reporting needs and requirements and provide timely and accurate financial information to aid decision making.
• Ensure appropriate cascading of business targets to the SBU.
• Strategic planning and control to help achieve financial goals and targets of the SBU.
To prepare management account and monthly management reports.
To assist in the budgeting process and the review of HLISB financial performance and the preparation of financial highlights.
Prepare the Profit and Loss account by business unit to monitor profitability of the respective unit on monthly basis.
To assist Unit Head in special project, especially for matters relating to accounting.
Our client is a reputable bank in Malaysia. They are currently seeking for a highly experienced professional to head their Finance department in Islamic Finance. Successful candidate will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.